Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok...I am replacing the fork seals, bushings and fork oil. I did not remove the forks from the bike. I have everything done EXCEPT getting the fork bolt out from the top of the forks so I can remove the springs and clean the tube before putting everything back together and adding the oil.

I can't get the fork bolt to move...even with some "persuasion" (17mm L shaped Hex Key (allen wrench) with a 17mm wrench and hammer).I don't want to remove the forks from the bike unless I absolutely have to.

The next step is to borrow my buddy's battery powered impact wrench with a 17mm hex key socket. I know about the spring pressure when taking the fork bolt out.

It would be back together by now if it wasn't for that dang fork bolt:X

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Steve!! I feel honored that you personally answered my post!:bowing:

THE MAN answered my post....THE MAN answered my post!:2finger::cheeky1:

I will loosen the pinch bolt first thing in the morning!!

Thank you again, I am humbled by your attentiveness to my simple problem:blushing::D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You have been blessed. Please forswear fish on Fridays for the next month. Nominus vobiscuit non carborundum.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yes I know I was blessed.

Finished the forks a couple of hours ago...they are easier to do than the 1200!! The only fight was putting the fork bolts back in!! I was by myself and it took me a while to get JUST the right leverage. I think that whoever done the forks previously didn't use a torque wrench and just tightened them as tight as they could get them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.