Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am now the proud owner of a 1993 SE. It has AM & FM CB fitted (maybe not relevant but included for info anyway).

Everything works except the voice cut in on the intercom. If you turn up the IC volume you can talk & hear intercom but the music stays at the same volume. Someone has fitted what appears to be a PTT switch for the passenger but neither this not the handlebar CB PTT seem to have any effect. I am using Chatterbox headsets with a 6-5 pin conversion lead, but I have had a friend try his '1500' helmet on my system and it's the same.

So, basically - anybody seen this before? can it be repaired? should I start crying now?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wizard_of_odds wrote:
I am now the proud owner of a 1993 SE. It has AM & FM CB fitted (maybe not relevant but included for info anyway).

Everything works except the voice cut in on the intercom. If you turn up the IC volume you can talk & hear intercom but the music stays at the same volume. Someone has fitted what appears to be a PTT switch for the passenger but neither this not the handlebar CB PTT seem to have any effect. I am using Chatterbox headsets with a 6-5 pin conversion lead, but I have had a friend try his '1500' helmet on my system and it's the same.

So, basically - anybody seen this before? can it be repaired? should I start crying now?
Have you tried adjusting the mute level?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

I've seen this once before on a friends 89. I'll ask him what the problem was at the local meet this weekend. In your case I'm wondering if the aftermareket CB (the Honda one is AM only) might be interfering with the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.