Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done this before but getting old I guess. The thing I am stuck with is removing the spoiler below the bags. If someone could tell me how that part comes I thank I can do the rest.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It just has 4 screws to remove,don’t forget the screw behind the chrome piece in the back,just slide it over

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I have done this before but getting old I guess. The thing I am stuck with is removing the spoiler below the bags. If someone could tell me how that part comes I thank I can do the rest.
What is this spolier that you are referring to? Got a picture? My 1998 doesn't have a spolier below the bags.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
What is this spolier that you are referring to? Got a picture? My 1998 doesn't have a spolier below the bags.
I am pretty sure he is referring to the "panel" listed in my post. At least that's my educated guess....!!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It just has 4 screws to remove,don’t forget the screw behind the chrome piece in the back,just slide it over
I failed to read all his post,he says below the bags,I thought he was referring to the one below the trunk,
he must be referring to the strip with the chrome piece that has the screw under it?

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
I failed to read all his post,he says below the bags,I thought he was referring to the one below the trunk,
he must be referring to the strip with the chrome piece that has the screw under it?
Reading 101.......lol..;)

Speed reading gets us in trouble......:)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
👍👍👍🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
👍👍👍🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Thanks guys, after all of your post a light came back on and I got it off and the left bag . Now I can get to the brakes which is what I needed to get to. I am not sure what the part is called, it is attached to the bottom of the bags and with two small bolts below the tag. Now just need to bleed the brakes I hope.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Thanks guys, after all of your post a light came back on and I got it off and the left bag . Now I can get to the brakes which is what I needed to get to. I am not sure what the part is called, it is attached to the bottom of the bags and with two small bolts below the tag. Now just need to bleed the brakes I hope.
If you are referencing the panel that the license plate attaches to, you don't need to remove that panel to remove the "Left Saddlebag"....!!!!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Perhaps he was talking about the lower corner of the saddlebag. It is held in place with two screws.
corner.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
I took it to mean a spoiler below the bags, I recall seeing them, maybe aftermarket?
Anyway, I see he got her done.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I took it to mean a spoiler below the bags, I recall seeing them, maybe aftermarket?
Anyway, I see he got her done.
Yes, me too. That is why I asked if he had a picture of what he was talking about.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
I thought he was talking about the lower panel under the Saddlebag.

That's why I posted the picture of it in post # 3.

Maybe I read his mind.................:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts