Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

All queries refer to a 1996 Aspencade... I've had it since Feb whne it had 42K+... I've put nearly 5K on it since then. I love my baby...

1. What's the service interval on replacing fork oil? Here as of late I have noticed that while I am cornering at relatively slow speeds... say, when I an turning into the driveway... the steering does a very subtle "flutter." (for the lack of a better word)

Knowing the PO I can assure you this fella never serviced the forks. I don't have any leaking... I just worry about "things' when it comes to my baby! Better to fix things BEFORE they fail. Would you figure it's time for replacement oil.... minor service? What does that entail?

2. Another thing... I have Dunlop OEM's... the ones with the sorta 'zig-zaggy' center groove. (Yuck!) I literally begged the dealer to put Michelins on it before I bought it... but they insisted on OEM's, so got stuck with em. Personally, I think they did it solely because they had them in stock. My question is: I have noticed I can feel what I believe to be the zing-zagged center groove on the tires... also when turning at slow speeds... it's what I call a fluttery sensation. Do I need to be worried about this?

So whaddya think? Service the forks... or do I attribute this "fluttering" solely to the tires?

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
imported post

Change the fork oil, use 15w or even 20w might be better in a 1500 with all the weight they have. I change mine annually and the feel is always great after the change. It slowly deteriorates over time but it's not noticeable until I change it again then there is that great new feeling again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.