Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told there is a wiring difference for them even though they seem to have the same front end. Does anyone know where to get this info.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I was told there is a wiring difference for them even though they seem to have the same front end. Does anyone know where to get this info.
Both the GL800 and the F6B are built on the same assembly line so I would think they would have the same wiring harness. The only difference would be what is connected and what isn't. The F6B has no cruise control and no reverse, however, I still think the wiring harness has connections for these.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I hope someone who has dug into their F6B will chime in. I would be cautious about the wiring, seeing the both European and American wings were built on the same assembly line, but had different wiring harnises.

Corventure Dave

·
Administrator
27,888 Posts
The different levels of the wing have different harnesses, they do not all have all the connections for all the systems. I have no idea why, seems to me it would be more cost effective to use the same harness with all the possible connections instead of building different harnesses for each one.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
The F6B has a different part number for the wiring harness than the GL1800, this would indicate a different harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.