Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Well, I just made the jump. I sold my gl1500 on Monday and bought a 2008 gl1800 on Tuesday!

Does anyone in the Raleigh / Durham (North Carolina) have a 2008 Navi manual I can borrow for a day or two. The bike didn't have the manual and I'd really like to better understand the unit (BELIEVE ME... I've read all the dissatisfaction, I 'd just like to explore how I can make it work for me).

Or... if someone has it in PDF format that would be great. I've got one on order, but I'd really like to start playing now.

Thanks!
... Line

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

I upgraded a month ago, from a '97 to an '08. Could not believe the difference in the ride/power/handling. Sorry I can't help with the manual even tho I have one....hope I can do it justice.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

I have it as a 6 Mb pdf file. Sent me an email adress in a private message here and I'll get it to you.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I've found the best thing to do is read thru the manual, then go out to the bike with the manualand turn the ignition to ACC and bring up th NAV and play with it. You will find after a few tries you will have the system mastered. I love mine, so far (fingers crossed) I haven't had any problems nor complaints.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

Or you can just use it as a rolling map and never do anything but zoom in and out. That works great for me and there is no nagging voice telling me when to turn. I'd rather get lost....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.