Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My air temperature reading is lately always stuck on 0 degrees so I reckon the sensor is kaput. Does anyone know where it is located so I can get it checked/replaced?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Eric, pull the right side fairing pocket and peer up into the fairing near the headlight. You will see te sensor taped to the fairing.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Willy is right, it's just taped up. Mine used to read very high until I doscovered it had fallen off and was sitting very close to the radiator. I think inside a warm fairing is a bad place for the sensor.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

I suppose it's a difficult call Ambrose. If the sensor is out in the open, the air might make it read too cool when on the move. A sensible place might be just inside the mirror housing away from direct airflow but still in the open.
You're right about the fairing, it does get fairly hot inside with the radiators in the position they are.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Eamonn1200 wrote:
I suppose it's a difficult call Ambrose. If the sensor is out in the open, the air might make it read too cool when on the move. A sensible place might be just inside the mirror housing away from direct airflow but still in the open.
You're right about the fairing, it does get fairly hot inside with the radiators in the position they are.
That'swhere many cars have the sensor placed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.