Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My problem is the audio sound that comes through my headset doesnt sound as loud as it should. I have to listen to music at level 28-30 while the headset is being used. And even at this level itdosent sound very loud.The sound level sounds like the MUTE is on, however the MUTE button is not on. When I listenthrough the fairing speakers the sound is great & loud (Level 19-22). I know there is a problem because a fellow rider had me test my helmet on his audio system and when I was hooked up to his bike the sound level was LOUD. I have tested the Mute button and when its engaged the sound level does mute it even further.

Also, when I turn on the Intercom and speak into it the sound comes out fairly low.

I used this same headset set including upper & lower cords on my GL1500 and the sound through the headset was amazingly LOUD.

Im certain this isnt the first time this has been posted, but I'm new to this site.

I thank everyone in advanced.

Albert

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the best Goldwing site.

I see the 1800 has done 112,000 miles, has the problem just started or is this the first time with an 1800.

There is a difference in the wiring from a 1500 to an 1800.

If you have tested your helmet on another 1800 and it ok, then the problem is possibly in the connector under the LH pocket.

Have you tried your helmet in the passenger outlet to see if its the same. If so then it may be a setting on the radio. :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I agree with that guy who is carrying the big stick. It is most likely a connector or even the lead wire to the main pin plug. If you have all the control buttons on the radio set properly and the radio works well on the speaker, then the radio is working fine, and there is a poor contact spot somewhere in a connector or the wire to it.

Kit

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

I have an '06 and a new J&M headset in an Arai classic. When I go from speakers to headset, the volume is a little lower on the headset (in relationship to what I had on the speakers) but still plenty of room to adjust it to an acceptable level.

Do you have nav, how is that volume?

Have you tried the rear intercom? Is the vol problem similar there?

Definitely try a different helmet and cords to rule that out and try yours on another 1800.

Try hooking up an Ipod to the aux and see what kind of vol you get from that - could help in troubleshooting the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Check that the mute button did not get accidentally pushed in while cleaning like I did.
Sound still came through with the vol. setting high while on mute.
Longboater,

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

bearhandlr wrote:
Im certain this isnt the first time this has been posted, but I'm new to this site.

I thank everyone in advanced.

Albert
Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!! :action:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.