Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2001 and use the factory integrated intercom system. I am looking for any assistance and/or suggestions to allow me to use my iphone through the intercom. Either connected by wire or bluetooth. My GW has the aux plug that I already use to play music from my iphone but it doesn't work with the phone. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
If you got a GPS that is bluetooth capable and that were integrated to the bike system then you should then be able to use the phone. I have fitted an Autocom system to my bike and that allows a variety of bits of kit to be linked up to it and so with the Zumo 500 connected and the phone bluetoothed to that, I can talk on the phone through the headsets.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 options for you. Both MP3 players use sd card or USB stick, extra aux and Bluetooth. Both allow you to talk on phone which is pretty kewl and clear. The bike mp3 version is relatively new with the Bluetooth portion. I have installed the J&M model.

http://wingstuff.com/products/32912-gl1800-bluetooth-cell-gps-mp3-music-player-ipod?context=jm

http://wingstuff.com/products/34623...usic-player-bluetooth-upgrade?context=bikemp3
I looked at the ad and it says that this device plugs into the CD player harness. If my GW didn't come with a CD player, is the harness still there? Under the seat right?

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I did this by putting power into the left glove box, then a usb power adapter powering a usb wireless bluetooth adapter plugged in to the aux cable. usb power adapter..less than $5, wireless bluetooth, $9 or so on the web. Piece of cake

·
Registered
172 Posts
Harness still there. Works great. But I've heard the bike MP3 player is more gooderer as far as reliability. But the feature set of the JM is great. Bluetooth connects as soon as key turned to acc or on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.