Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As part of the routine maintenance schedule, I am replacing brake (and clutch) fluids on a 2007 gl1800, and I've noticed a difference between lever and pedal circuits. Using hand pumped vacumm device I am able to simply remove the reservior cover from the lever master cyclinder, attach the pump/collection bottle to a bleed valve, open the valve and pull fluid straightt thru by vacumm pressure. However the pedal circuit is quite different. At all valves, vacumm pressure pulls nothing thru, rather fluid movement requires pedal operation to force the fluid out of the open valve and pedal release then refills the lines and lowers the fluid level in the reservior. Question is...is this difference in operation normal and by design?

Thanks

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
imported post

Don't know why that would be, I just attach a hose to the bleeder, into a container and pump. Quick and easy without the fuss of a vacuum bleeder.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

It could be something to do with the linked brakes. But I do the same as Dave, pump out the old fluid while topping up the reservoir.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

I Spent hours bleeding my 2001 brakes. In the end the slave master cylinder on the left front fork was sucking air. Once that was fixed traditional bleeding following the sequence in the manual worked fine.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

The linked brakes have nothing to do with brake bleeding other than sequence. I`ve done many and use a mity vac to pull the fluid through every bleeder. Make sure you do them in the correct sequence. The rear needs to be pressure bleed as a final(pressure, open & close bleeder) because of the pressure compensation valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.