Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1800 Brake Recall

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  CrystalPistol 
#1 ·
imported post

Anyone got an update on this? what is the severity - I heard they are replacing/repairing only about 4% of the bikes brought in so far.

i can't get it in ride now and still need to ride.:sadguy:

#5 ·
imported post

JWayne wrote:
Apparently it's about 4% in the USA. I would expect a higher figure in the USA because of litigation fears, which may explain the lower figures where you are in the UK Ted.
Maybe it is just because the dealerships needs work in what is usually a short shop work time of the year.

#7 ·
imported post

I took mine in 2 weeks ago. They took it right back to inspect it. It took about 30 min. and the verdict... Mine was not a problem Secondary Master. All was good. I was told that if it had been a bad one that it would take about 2-4 days depending on when the replacement part came in. Not a huge hassel, just 30 Min that I used to look at all the new shiney things in the showroom.

#8 ·
imported post

Anyone hear any bad stories - hard to believe I have to take it in right away - I just did 500 miles the week before I got the recall letter.
:?

I guess it'ld be best to get it done before it became a real world "butt meets road" experience if your's is one of the 2-4% affected?

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.