Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front hand brake lever does not always fully disengage which leaves my brake lights on until I push the lever forward. I have replaced the bushings in the levers which helps some but does not totally rectify the problem. I have determined that the plunger in the reservior is not coming out all the way when the brake lever is released. I have ordered and recieved the replacement parts (# 11 in the pic below) and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how best to approach the swap out.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
You are rebuilding the master cylinder so follow the procedures for rebuilding any brake component. Clean all orifices and make sure bore surfaces are smooth (honed if possible). Reassemble with some rubber grease or some brake fluid to allow smooth reassembly without damaging your new seals.

·
Administrator
27,889 Posts
Do not hone it with a standard brake hone if it is smooth inside, if you do have to hone it polish the bore afterward. It has to be really smooth.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Have you checked to see if the return hole is clear and not clogged or partially clogged??? That would be the little hole under the baffle (#5 in your picture)...

Les

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.