Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an amputated right leg and would like to move the foot break to the left side (Goldwing trike). If at all possible what is needed to be done?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum dave00122
It has been done.
I will see if I can find some info for you, the forum search bar is a great tool. Have you tried that yet?

·
Administrator
24,374 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
I've seen folks hook up all three brakes to the handlebar lever. Pretty simple plumbing job.
They are all three already connected to the handlebar lever unless they unlinked them when they triked it.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum dave00122. There are some recent threads where members moved the foot brake pedal to the left, I think on other Goldwing models. Probably the same thing can be done with the 1800. I don't have time to search for those threads right now,, you should be able to do that yourself easily.

·
Administrator
21,856 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Bike...and Dennis wrote:
I've seen folks hook up all three brakes to the handlebar lever. Pretty simple plumbing job.
They are all three already connected to the handlebar lever unless they unlinked them when they triked it.
Well, I didn't know that this was an 18. Thread title has changed, but...although I have read about the 3-way link, it probablywouldn't have occured to me here.

So can the proportioning valve be by-passed?

·
Administrator
24,374 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
Bike...and Dennis wrote:

So can the proportioning valve be by-passed?
It isn't a proportioning valve kind of set up, wish I could find the diagram. All 3 calipers have 3 pistons, the rear pedal operates the center pistons on all 3 directly and the front MC operates the 2 outer ones on the front calipers and movement of the left front caliper operates the auxiliary master on the left fork which operates the 2 outer pistons on the rear caliper. All that needs to be done, if it hasn't already is to connect the line from the front to the rear caliper to the trike rear brakes then all are operated by the front lever.

·
Administrator
24,374 Posts
imported post

Thanks Ken, I saved it so maybe I can find it in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.