Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I went for the first ride on the new Wing yesterday.:D:D:D :cool::cool::cool:

Temperatures from 1*C in the mountain passes to 18*C around Chilliwack (close to the coast).

I can't believe how great this bike is. It corners like a sport bike (almost), extremely comfortable,OK radio and although I'm still breaking it in... very nice torque. One thing I didn't like are the self-canceling turn signals. I'm used to a bike without them and prefer using them manually. So the question is... can they be disabled???

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the link. I did a search but it didn't show up.

It really is an easy fix. :D

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi :waving:Here is the info taken from the tips section of this site ,,cheers Ciaran

[align=left]GL1800 Turn Signals, Disabling the Self Cancelling feature. Lots of people have expressed their frustration at the way the self-cancelling turn signal feature works on the GL1800. Turning off too soon is the usual complaint. Personally, I just hit the switch again. For those who would like to turn off the self-cancelling altogether, all you need to do is cut the speedometer input wire. It is the white wire with a black stripe and is located under the right side glovebox. It passes through the small connector to the left of the larger connector (the one with about a million wires going to it).This wire goes down through the steering stem to the SC unit on the bottom of the steering head. If you cut this wire the cancelling feature will be disabled altogether. You can fit a switch to the wire instead and bring it through to the glovebox, which will allow you to turn the cancelling feature on or off whenever you want to.[/align][/b]

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the link. I did a search but it didn't show up.

It really is an easy fix. :D

After reading my last post I hope I didn't insult you. "The easy fix" was referring to fixing the turn signals and not the search not showing the link. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I think I am reading these posts too fast ,,must slow down a little ,,,:):):)Ciaran

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
I think I am reading these posts too fast ,,must slow down a little ,,,:):):)Ciaran
We can try typing s l o w e r if that woul help Ciaran??:waving::waving::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.