Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I cancel my turn signal by pressing in on the turn signal switch, my running light associated with the turn signal is also canceled. Also if my turn signal cancels by "timing out", or after I complete a turn, the associated running light also cancels. However, if I turn off my turn signal by sliding the switch back to the neutral position, the running light will stay on. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

I think that will be a bad switch on the handlebar. Everything runs through there, you will need to open it up and clean the switches.

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
imported post

Actually it is probably the position light relay. Kind of a head scratcher how the system works, I had a hard time getting it until I checked it out on mine. Thought there was a mistake in the ETM until then. I won't go into explaining it but if the position relay is bad it can cause that.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

When you say "position light relay", are you talking about the relay panel under the seat, brown row of relays?

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
imported post

Yes, the second relay from the right on the brown row.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

That relay is expensive. I had to have mine replaced and I think it was $40 for the part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Position Relay

Had the same problem with my 2006 GL, when it went out of warranty I chalked it up to the turn signal switch but just before November the turn switch broke inside (was the plastic part that centers after pushing to cancel the turn) bad thing though Honda will not sell just the plastic peace so had to purchase the whole switch harness. $245.00 :sadguy: After changing the switch/harness the position light would do the same thing! :? well, with a lot of going through the wiring diagram (what a mess)
And looking what you guys were saying I replaced the 5 pin position relay under the seat, cost $12.28 and it now works! :banana: Thanks to all of you!
Keep on posting! Mike

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2006 GL, when it went out of warranty I chalked it up to the turn signal switch but just before November the turn switch broke inside (was the plastic part that centers after pushing to cancel the turn) bad thing though Honda will not sell just the plastic peace so had to purchase the whole switch harness. $245.00 :sadguy: After changing the switch/harness the position light would do the same thing! :? well, with a lot of going through the wiring diagram (what a mess)
And looking what you guys were saying I replaced the 5 pin position relay under the seat, cost $12.28 and it now works! :banana: Thanks to all of you!
Keep on posting! Mike
Yep, if I can't make a pretty good hit I don't swing. :waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.