Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried fitting the required components for a cb install on a 2012 1800. Aerial fitted ok. CB fitted ok. Just ordered a transmit button coz the UK spec don't have one, I would have thought that the unit would show up somehow on the display saying it's recognised it has one but NO... tried all the buttons there is but I'm at a loss now...:confused:

·
Administrator
27,888 Posts
Did you connect the 3 pin connector to the CB unit?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I've installed 2 CB's on '12' models with no problems. The US models have a 'talk' switch as standard equipment on the left handleswitch and there's a separate CB button on the radio panel. I don't have any information on UK spec models. Sounds like a good question for a local Honda store...or check the owner's manual for customer service number.

·
1,819 Posts
I dont now about the 2012 , but on all other GL1800 EUROPEAN model it is impossible to make the Honda CB to work on the bike !
(Oh , nothing is impossible , - but i havent met anybody who had succes).

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
Is it a 2012 CB? They are different than the ones up to 2011..
The only thing "different" is the harness! Everthing is in the trunk on the 2012/13 CB hook up.
Bikemp3 sells a adapter harness so one can install the 2001-10 CB's in a 2012/13 Wing.

also, for the OP:
Where did your CB come from?
The US CB frequencies are different than those in the UK. The 2 are not compatible.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
I've only seen one UK 2012 model and it had the CB talk switch fitted. My understanding is that Honda fitted it to the 2012, but I might be mistaken.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
It wont work ..simple as that .. In the UK the wiring loom is different to all other looms .In Ireland the first few 2012 gl 1800s came in from the Asian market and they have the correct wiring loom for the CB ,, But a bike bought in the UK does nt have the loom .

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Still wont work .:sadguy: Did the dealer tell you that it would work ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.