Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CB has stopped working. On the dash, I get a flashing that reads, CB ERROR. Not sure what this means, can anyone help.
It is a 2007 Goldwing Trike. Just quit all of a sudden.

Eldon Seaton

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I'm having similar issues and am interested in folks' thoughts. Mine will work for awhile, then just shuts off. Today I also got the CB Error twice, but it went away when I turned if off and back on. It also resets to channel 1 each time it shuts itself off. Mine is one of the GL2WAY CB's.

Not meaning to hijack your thread - hoping one of the tech savvy guys can give us both options.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My CB has stopped working. On the dash, I get a flashing that reads, CB ERROR. Not sure what this means, can anyone help.
It is a 2007 Goldwing Trike. Just quit all of a sudden.

Eldon Seaton
I know some one out here will be able to help.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
Disconnect the battery for a few minutes. That usually clears CB error codes.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
That happened to me. My CB got wet and I started getting the codes, and cleared up when I turned it off/on. Eventually it blew and I had to get another one.

Don't turn it on till you take it apart and dry it out!

Good luck!

:18black:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
It has to dry, the inside is wet. You have to take the cover off and dry the circuit board.

:18black:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
As most of the guys have pointed out the CB resides down inside the sunken section of the trunk on your bike. If you ever had any liquid spill inside the trunk your CB will be swimming in it.

If the builder of your trike did not take precautions and make sure the seal was around the wiring where it enters the trunk you can get water in that way. As far as I know there is no drain holes in the bottom of the trunk.

I would recommend taking the unit out and opening it up and allowing it to dry. Make sure the connector is firmly seated when you reinstall it since that can also give the same error.

I never put anything liquid inside my trunk just for this reason. I have seen guys put jugs of milk at the store into their trunks and I cringe every time.

Henry

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I don't have a trike and have never spilled fluids into the CB cradle. It keeps turning itself off and for several turn-ons the other day it had the CB error.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Most problems like what yours is exhibiting are either caused by an errant CB error which can be resolved by a battery disconnect... Additionally, like the others have recommended, check the pocket where your CB lives and look for signs of water intrusion - chances are you'll see some signs of that... Some of us drill a one or two small holes in the bottom of the truck to promote drainage... Obviously, water should not be in there but if it has entered and you need to find out where it is coming in, that is probably what is causing your problem...

The next step would be to open the radio and looks for signs of water damage or moisture and take the appropriate steps... If all this fails, I would recommend sending the CB to Sierra Electronics for a repair...

Les

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
I don't have a trike and have never spilled fluids into the CB cradle. It keeps turning itself off and for several turn-ons the other day it had the CB error.
It is not hard to get access to the CB so you might want to reseat the connectors. The connectors are tin plated and are subject to eventual corrosion. Reseating the connection may help wipe the pins and allow for better connection. Otherwise it may be time to send it in to have it fixed.

Henry

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
It is not hard to get access to the CB so you might want to reseat the connectors. The connectors are tin plated and are subject to eventual corrosion. Reseating the connection may help wipe the pins and allow for better connection. Otherwise it may be time to send it in to have it fixed.

Henry
Thanks to both you and dadztoy. Good suggestions. Will do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.