Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

If anybody know where I could locate one or if better yet if a member has one for sale, Please let me know.

I would like to have one, but the cheapest one that I have found is $599 which is absurd! :shock:Arrrgghhh Mother Honda!! :p

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Shameless bump! I'm still looking for my Christmas present!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

I could build you one of those Kansas cb radios. All I need is 2 soup cans and a long piece of string.
If you need one just let me know. Buy the way Merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
If anybody know where I could locate one or if better yet if a member has one for sale, Please let me know.

I would like to have one, but the cheapest one that I have found is $599 which is absurd! :shock:Arrrgghhh Mother Honda!! :p

Flyone,

If you want to gab on a Hondaline CB, get ready to pony up. :crying:I just bought one on eBay from a dealer in NJ, he puts one at a time up on eBay for a Buy-it-now price of 739, shipping included, but that includes the antenna too, so this is the best price I have found for both together. I got a 20% off from paypal too (that deal might last until end of year - but I don't know - it was just a coupon on paypal for being a customer) so that helped make it more reasonable.

Ken Williams, Fairway Cycle, Somers Point NJ 609-927-2071 eBay handle: ken6191a

If I did it right here is a link to the current eBay CB listing from Fairway Cycle: http://tinyurl.com/7nwla3

Installation requires removal of the seat, top shelter, and according to the instructions, trunk, however there are tips on this site about cutting the hole in the trunk with a heated circle saw which would work well, but I used a long spade type wood bit which also worked very well. (The long shank always you to cut the hole from the seat side.)

It's hard (mentally) to drill those holes in the trunk, I must have measured six times and somehow I managed to get it right.

For anyone reading this,if you have a 2006 Airbag modelthere is a Service Bulletin that requires installation of a 140 buck ferret core harness kit to stop the Airbag gizmos from making the CB squeal like a pig when you try and transmit. (This is a warranty item - don't let they try and tell tell you otherwise.)

I learnedabout this Service Buletinfrom another member on theForum- if hehadn't known the answer I would still betroubleshooting - Thank you Johnboy!)

By the way, my CB is very clear in trans and receive up to about a mile - then that is about it. Other members report 1-2 miles max range is normal. I still haven't done an SWR check/adjustment, so maybe that will help.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Actually, I just looked at the receipt, S&H was another 14.50, but he ships promptly and quick to notify you.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks TitaniumWingand Ghost Rider 2for the help! I am not cheap but I can't justify the price when I wouldn't use it that much! I believe I'm going to get GR2 to build me one!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1:

Maybe I'll finally break down and buy one but I am going to search high and low for a used one first. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I know this one won't fit in the fairing like the OEM but have you considered the J&M unit?

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yeah tricky, I thought of that but you know how us thong wearing 1800 people are......wanting it combined into the audio.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I will look into that as well if I give up on the used one. Thanks and Happy Holidays to you my friend!! :santawaving:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

good morning Bill and a happy Christmas to ya'all ,If you do by any miracle find a 2nd hand CB ,make sure you get the chokes with it ,there are 3 chokes(surpressors) and if you fit the CB without them you will get all kinds of interference on it ,They come with them when they are new ,but so many people forget to take them off the bike when they are selling on the CB .. Good luck with the search ..

Why not just fit the Karaoke machine to the bike and we will hear you without the need for CB ,:DCiaran

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

wexy wrote:
Why not just fit the Karaoke machine to the bike and we will hear you without the need for CB ,:DCiaran
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:Bless your heartWexy!!! Happy Christmas to you too!

Thanks for the information on the chokes.......I would have missed that. Seriously, I appreciate it! :cooldevil:

Thanks Rick for the link as well.....After looking at it, I don't think it is the one I'm looking for but maybe another member here might be interested in it. Thanks again for everybody's help!! :)

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Still bumping..............Santa didn't bring me one yet, but I'm wishing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.