Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently aquired a GL1800 cd changer and want to connect it to my GL1200 Aspencade audio system, and am in need of any experience, ideas, facts and possible fears on this subject. I have the diagrams for the 1200 and am in the process of aquiring the ones for the 1800.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

That's an intersting idea. I haven't heard of it being done but don't see why it can't be. You will need a wiring diagram and also a switch to remotely change CDs, tracks etc. I'd say the switch part will be hardest,perhaps you will need a couple of switches (one to change track, one to change CD).

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

I don't think it can be done properly. You would really need a remote controler to stick on the dash to get that player to work.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Heres a suggestion. Sell the 1800 changer, they go for good money. then just buy a normal 6 or 10 disc changer and mount it in a saddlebag and put the controller on the handlebar or front of the fairing.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:
Heres a suggestion. Sell the 1800 changer, they go for good money. then just buy a normal 6 or 10 disc changer and mount it in a saddlebag and put the controller on the handlebar or front of the fairing.
Great suggestion Ambrose. The price you would fetch for a genuine Honda CD player would easily cover ths cost of a brand new Sony 10 disc changer that will fit into one of the saddlebags. The FM type is what you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.