Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my concern.
I recently over the last few weeks have noticed what sounds to be a chaffing noise which also develops a vibration when banking left or right. I noticed it during the end of a 1000 mile trip. I also picked up a nail in the rear tire during the same trip and my left fork seal developed some leakage. I had the tire plugged, Menzers with a few thousand on then, maybe 3 or 4. I put new seals in the forks, I took all brake calipers off, cleaned and lubed the slides front and back and the back also got now pads. I have realigned the calipers and their mounts to make sure they are centered and have clearance. The noise and vibration continues. The only thing I did not do was rebuild and clean inside the calipers. Also the fork tube tops may be in the tree about an 1/8 or 1/16 inch above the upper mount clamps. I initially though all brake calipers were dragging. Cleaning and lubing the slides should have looked after that. Where should I go looking. My problem is I don't like noise so I have to determine what is creating it. Any comments would be appreciated.
Brian

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chaffing Noise When Riding Off Center

Further to my last. My ride is now a 2002 GL1800 with 58000 plus miles on it.
Brian

·
Just Winging It
3,327 Posts
My best guess is the tire is not the same shape after the plug on a corner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.