Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I posted thison the workshop, but have had no replies. I'm having one heck of a time getting the wire spring back in place on the right side bulb. Does anyone know a trick to getting it done? :?

Oh yeah, this is on an 1800.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Just put new lights in mine about one month ago.

Now that you mention it the right side seemed a little tougher.

I just lightly pushed downward and it sprung into place.

Probably just dumb luck on my park.

Just be patient and it will go into place.

May learn a few new cuss words in the process though.:D

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

After you have totally exhausted your vocabulary and are still frustrated with it just ask your wife to install it for you, their tiny hands fit into those places so much better than ours!

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Geezerglider wrote:
I posted thison the workshop, but have had no replies. :?

No you didn't. Your lasttopic is July 24th and is for a different subject. You probably didn't click the send button and thought you did. :?

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

He did post it Ted. But instead of making a new topic, Frank just added his question to someone elses topic, and that rarely gets noticed as most of us justsee the initial question by the original poster.
It is always better to start a new topic with a technical question, instead of dropping it into a thread started by someone else.
I'll move this to the technical forum for you now Frank.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Take your time with it Frank. If you lose that clip in the fairing you may never find it again. It is an awkward clip to get back in, so take it slow and easy and it will go back in.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

Norman is right. Even doing it a second time isn't much easier, the problem being lack of space and visibility.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks guys. I was finally able to get the clip back in place with the help of a small pair of electricians bent nose needle nose pliers. What a PITA! I don't know why mother Honda didn't put forth just a little more effort and make it impossible rather than just difficult. :lash:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

Geezerglider wrote:
I don't know why mother Honda didn't put forth just a little more effort and make it impossible rather than just difficult. :lash:
From reading how hard it is to get the clip in Frank, I think they tried their best to make it impossible. :ROFL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.