Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

this is the question first I`m new to the goldwing and I laid my hand on the tail?stop light and dang near burned myself , so I went and bought Led plug in light bulbs and now I`m told that before I can change these bulbs that I will need some sort of power reducer , is this true , if where do you get it ?and how is it installed? or can I just go ahead and change bulbs with no problems ? thanks for your time ok see ya`ll out there ok :?:byebye:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

It is true that a bare LED needs a resistor to reduce the current drawn but any LED sold as a direct replacement for a vehicle bulb has that resistance built in.

Oh and welcome to the forum.:waving:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

ok sounds like I may have the right thing then will try and post my results huh :praying2:

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

You should be okay with just the bulbs. I've fitted some in the back of my 1800 and I didn't have to guy anything extra. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

It would be for the indicators that you would need to buy more than just the LED bulbs. the tail and brake are fine.
:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

Rambler444 wrote:
ok sounds like I may have the right thing then will try and post my results huh :praying2:
Welcome Rambler. When you post your results, please post the make/model of the bulbs and where you bought them (so the rest of us can buy them).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.