Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have any of you put any aftermarket silencers on your 1800?

I've seen that Cobra and now V&Hines do some. Listened to them both online, and like the sound. Just wondering if you have any imput. Cheers.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I have to cast my vote for leaving it stock. I have always run stock exhausts on all my bikes, until a couple of years ago I decided to put V&H Cruzers on my Vulcan 750. They sounded great at idle and around town, but were a nightmare out on the highway. The high rpms out on the road killed the Harley like sound, and it just sounded like a huge lawnmore with a rusted out muffler, even with earplugs. I went back to stock, and sold the V&H pipes at a $200 loss. Plus I had to rejet the carbs twice, which on the Vulcan 750 is no easy job.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Look at TorqeMaster pipes if you want sound, also cheaper and offers a cat eliminator with their torqeloops.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

If your going to tour I vote you stick with the stock exhaust on the 1800. The stereo will sound better. Now if it was a Valkyrie...those 6 into 6 systems sound pretty darn good to me.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I've heard the Cobras on a friends. Sounds good to me, a little more rumble, but not too ear-splitting. Didnt get to hear them on the highway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.