Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:weightlifter: Hey all, I'm new to the wing world and I would love to get some help on setting up my bike so that I can talk to my wife while we ride. I went to my local dealer and asked about the intercom system on the 2012 wings and he informed me that I needed to buy the CB on order to talk to a passenger...

Is this true or is there another way to use the on board intercom?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Vince68
+1 no CB necessary to talk to passenger just headsets to plug into the bike's intercom. That info is in the owners manual.
Go to Cyclegear.com and look up headsets.
Or just Google helmet headsets, goldwing intercom.
J&M are commonly used, Edsets is another but I have no experience with them. Scalar Ryder 4 is a Bluetooth intercom system. To go Bluetooth and listen to your bike radio on it requires an expensive adaptor so most opt to use the corded headsets.

:action:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

So the dealer--the representative of the manufacturer-- said you had to have the CB to communicate with your passenger? Sheesh. Is it too much to ask to have dealerships staffed with folks who know what they're talking about? I guess so, in some cases.
:wtf:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

How about bluetooth wireless/hands free devices like the SENA SMH-5 or SMH-10.

You can integrate with your smartphone, and your music as well.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,357 Posts
imported post

Vince68 wrote:
:weightlifter: Hey all, I'm new to the wing world and I would love to get some help on setting up my bike so that I can talk to my wife while we ride. I went to my local dealer and asked about the intercom system on the 2012 wings and he informed me that I needed to buy the CB on order to talk to a passenger...

Is this true or is there another way to use the on board intercom?
It is hard to believe that a Honda dealer doesn't know any more about his product than that! :thumbsdown: Just turn the intercom on, plug in the headsets and start talking.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
imported post

i'm amaized at the ignorence of sales people today. i was in a shop not long ago and the sales men told the customer that the bike had a cb because it had the controls, it was the basic model, the guy then complained that he couldn't touch the ground, salesmen told him it would settle as he rode it. i told him to get off the bike and sit on the other one, all of a sudden he could reach with both feet flat, the first bike was on the centerstand. i argued with another shop that the current intercomms where compatible with older models, had to bring my 85 in to prove it, i bought my headset elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

@ rgbeard I am seriously thinking about getting the Bluetooth because my wife said that she wanted to ride and I said that we could get rid of my sport bike and get something for her. This way we don't have to use hand signals.

I have to admit that I partially believed what the dealer said about the CB but I was not digging out over $1k to add it to my bike. :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Vince,

I have a Scala G4 communication set and it is outstanding! There is a new version out there called the G9 and it is quickly becoming the standard for the Bluetooth stuff. I seen more Scala sets on the road this year than ever.

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-g9-powerset

If anything, their specs are under rated. Check them out…

Tim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.