Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have to admit to a bit of a "senior moment" in that I pushed the Cruise Control button On on my 2005 GL1800 when I meant to push the reverse button, while stopped. Not a problem you might think - just push it OFF again. Well I tried, but the button will not dis-engage and the CRUISE ON light is constantly on. I can still ride; the CRUISE SET and CANCEL functions still work but I would like to have the CRUISE function disconnect properly when not needed.

Can anyone help with information on why this happened and what to do about it, short of dismantling the handlebar controls and physically disconnecting the switch?

Thanks,

:?Malcolm

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Malcolm. The button is probably stuck on. It's a common problem on the GL1800 and you will read a lot of posts about it on the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Malcom and welcome to the forum from Texas. The push on/push off switched on the 1800 are junk. All of mine have been replaced. Having the cruise unit on all the time won't hurt any thing. I never turn mine off. If you must get it turned off, use a hair dryer and heat up the area directly behind the button. That will re-melt the dirty grease and allow you to switch it off. NEVER use a heat gun, only a hair dryer.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I leave my cruise switch in the ON position all the time. The circuit is in line with the charging system. If the cruise light goes out it may be a fuse or the alternator may have stopped charging. I also have a voltage gauge, but the Cruise ON light is like.... and idoit light for the charging system.

Corventure Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.