Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does any member have photos for step by step on how to release the left and right engine cover(not cylinder head) as i am afraid to break the pins inside so i need to know how to release and re assemble back in place ... thanks

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Do you mean the chrome side covers? Just pull out at the bottom rear, then pull the cover towards the rear of the bike to release it from the front.

BTW, you should post these questions in the Technical forum where they will get more responses.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

If it's the chrome engine covers, they are easy to remove and replace. In this clip I pulled and refitted the cover with one hand while holding the camcorder with the other.

[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/7HGXE-mbsLI[/flash]

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

That's how I do it. Bottom out first, slide hand to the back and pull that part out and then pull the whole cover rearwards.
Can't do it with one hand though. :)

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

gled02 wrote:
And keep an eye on those rubber grommets....they tend to disappear.
the narrow grommets on the cover do seem to disappear. On my 01 I find it easier to put the grommet on the male end of the chrome strip first then slide the cover onto it when putting the covers back on.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I put a little plumbers grease on all the grommets once in a while. If everything is dry there's a chance you can push the grommets inboard and out of their holes. As JDVorchak implies - they don't always hit the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.