Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Had something wierd happen on my 2010 gl1800 today. I took it in for its 8000 mi oil change and checkup. On the way home I was cruising at about 70 and the cruise control would not engage. I figured I would have to adjust it when I got home and continued on. About five minutes later my engine light came on and about twenty seconds later the oil light came on. I shut it down and coasted to a stop on the side of the highway. I checked the oil just to be sure there was some, and the level looked right. I turned it back on and both lights came on for about five seconds and then went out. I started it up, no lights, no problem. She purred like a kitten all the way home, and the cruise control engaged normally.Do I have a problem, or do I have electronic poltergeist?:?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Just a friendly bump to the top.

Sounds like the electronic reset when you shut it off.

Bet everything will be OK from this point forward.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yeah the bike seemed to be running really well, and once the lights reset there didn't seem to be any other issues. I was just curious if anyone else had experienced the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

Probably just an electrical hiccup. That stuff sometimes happens for no good reason, too many electronics in the new Wings.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

I'm going with poltergeist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.