Why would you replace a complete wiring harness on a bike with 7700 miles. As a matter of fact, why would you repace a complete wiring harness on a bike with 777,000 miles? There has to be more than meets the eye here. This is basically unacceptable. Was the bike is a serious accident or a fire?
JupiterJim. I had to deal with the same no start issue last month. I rode my trike(02) a couple hundred miles with several starts and stops with no problems. The next morning it would not start. No spark. I managed to get a code to flash by putting the engine in neutral with the side stand down and turning the engine over with the starter held for at least 10 seconds. Make sure you hold it long enough. My code indicated the pulse generator. If you do not have access to a service manual to translate the code you can pm me and I will look it up for you. There should be long blink or blinks followed by shorter ones. The long ones count as 10 and the shorter ones as 1. For example, if you have two long and 8 short blinks your code is 28. I removed the shelter and the front cover and checked all connections. All were good. After a couple days of testing and turning the engine over, I checked for resistance through the pulse generator. There was none but should have been. I felt that I had found my problem. The next day after several tests and no spark the PG suddenly showed resistance and the engine started right up. The manual states that you need to remove the air filter housing to access the plug from the PG to the ECM but this is not necessary. You can remove the black front cover and the lower cowling behind the front fender and pull back the black boot to see the plug. It is a booger to get unplugged but I did it several times. Disconnect this plug and check for continuity. Also there should be .7 AC volt showing when cranking but I did not have the peak voltage adapter for measuring this. I would check it at this connector before removing the shelter to check at the ecm.
I hope this is your problem because it is a relatively inexpensive part and easy to replace. Intermittent problems are a real pain and I am hoping I got lucky with my repair and wishing the same for you.