Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace a bulb in my lower fog/ running light housing.
Any ideas on a quick and easy way to do it.
Need some Help
Thank you
JohnG

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
The only way is to remove the lower cowling to access the bulb sockets.
Do you know which brand lights you have?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Go to the reference & face section, select biker workshop listings, scroll down to fitting show chrome fog lights for instructions and a video.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
That's it!

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
It looks easy enough to get to those lights. One of the easier jobs on the 1800, for a change.
Easy to change yes. Easy to re-align the lower fairing....not so much. Well actually the lower fairing isn't bad, it's the center inner fairing that sits on top of the lower fairing that is always tough for me. If you can sneak the lower fairing out without removing the upper clips of the center inner fairing that would be much easier. The bulbs are a piece of cake.

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
If you can sneak the lower fairing out without removing the upper clips of the center inner fairing that would be much easier. The bulbs are a piece of cake.[/QUOTE]

Never had to remove the upper clips from center piece to remove the lower cowling.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
If you can sneak the lower fairing out without removing the upper clips of the center inner fairing that would be much easier. The bulbs are a piece of cake.

Never had to remove the upper clips from center piece to remove the lower cowling.[/QUOTE]

You are correct Dave, they don't have to come out....but I didn't know that it would be such a pain to get them back in the first time I took the lower off, so I took both off. I figured I would clean everything up down there. Then I couldn't get my fat fingers up to where the top clips go in. Then I made up some new swear words... I'm just sayin....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.