Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 07 GL1800 and am doing some front-end maintenance this weekend (brake pads & fluid, new tire and fork oil). There is a cover on top of the fork legs, covering the fork caps. I can see the screws holdwing down the cover but there is a bracket preventing me getting the screwdriver near them.
Anybody know how to get the bracket out of the way please? Thanks for any help you can give to a fellow Winger who also is possibly needing glasses. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Get an old towel and a bungee cord or two. You are going to have to pull the meter panel and once that is out of the way, take the 4 , 8 mm bolts out of the actual meter itself, no need to unpin any pin connectors, just raise the part closest to the ignition switch up and bungee cord it up out of the way and slip the cord hanger over the windshield with the towel over it.

Now you can get to the screws, caps etc.

The rubber dust covers to the large pin connectors on the back of the meter will pop off, so you have to carefully make sure they are in place as you lower the meter back into position when you are done.

Kit

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes... THANK YOU KIT CARSON, that was exactly what I needed to do. Much obliged to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.