Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

just in stalled fork springs for my honda goldwing 1800 mod 2002

and was just wondering about the forkd the arnot the same in side right side has the long rod with the lock nut locks to the fork cap.the left side fork cap comes right odd and there is you spring ,questiob is this right left side has a carterage in it and don't work like the right side.it looks like oi got it all right. withe the pregeso springs it is a little stiff and rased the bile about 2 inch...does this sound right to you .thank you gor the great work you are doing ,speaking for my self a poor boy shade tree mach. bill from tennessee

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

Bill, WELCOME to another fellow Tennessean. There will be plenty of gurus on the 1800 by and should answer your question shortly. I live out in Bluff City, so holler at me when you want to ride before it gets cold.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Don't know nothing about the 1800's, it could be the valving/plumbing for the anti-dive. Keep checking your post as there are a lot of 18-owners here with a ton of knowledge to share... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
imported post

Bill you are correct the left side doesnt have a cartridge. Onlt the right side does. When I put Progressives in mine I gained a little over an inch. The 2 things to be careful when installing the springs are making soure the washers and the spacers in the fork tubes are in the correct order and also when installing the right fork tube cap that you screw the rod all the way in before tightening the nut. The first couple of hundred miles will be a little stiff but you'll notice a big improvement right off of the bat.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hello Rob..thanks for the invite from bluff city.take those camers dow and i will run out to pardenes tomorrow after noon after church....if no rain.bill A.F.M ALSO RAISED IN RAY LODGE.... BILL

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Mr.bigmack man i got it right the first time and like you say it made it a little stiff and. gained about 2 inches .next prodget is to get me a lowern block.i have worked on my seat,, but with these new springs rased me up again lags are to short now.oh well age will get us all some day....still riding the goldwing...keep the powder dry and the rubber on the road.....thanks again.....bill

Attachments

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

Bill, sent you a PM

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
imported post

You can slip the forks up in the clamps to lower it. Go just a little at a time, it makes more difference than it looks like and be sure to raise the both the same. I like the way the progressives raised mine and I am a little short legged too but I don't mind tip toeing at stops for the extra cornering clearance.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Hi Bill. You should really get this topic moved to the technical forum. Change the title of it to something more descriptive, all you have in the description is "Bill Hughes" and that doesn't mean anything.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Heffo wrote:
Hi Bill. You should really get this topic moved to the technical forum. Change the title of it to something more descriptive, all you have in the description is "Bill Hughes" and that doesn't mean anything.
I have just taken care of that for Bill.

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

You may want to look into disabling your ant-dive now.. It's on the left shock...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.