Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Reading a bit about 'ghost shifting'. Typically downshifts WITHOUTDRIVER INPUT from 5th down to 4th. Can happen in other gears.

Problem is...I've experienced it twice already.

Only 1k miles. Happened at around 300 and again at 1k. What is the international concensus on it? Normal/semi-normal? Read about everything 'Greg' has written about it, just wanted a little more input from y'all.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Dont really know HOW those words came out as links??? Oh well, fixed now. Thanks!

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

If you ride with your toe under/over the shift lever you could be providing the input with out feeling it.:cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Have read about this and there could be many reasons with some being the operator.

Always make sure it is in 5th gear solidly.

Over 50,000 on mine and no problems yet.

·
Administrator
26,533 Posts
imported post

I had it happen a couple of times when I didn't get it all the way into 5th. The last time it happened it went back and forth several times real fast and after that it shifts into 5th better than ever.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I'm being very deliberate with the 4 to 5th shift now....hoping as some of you have said maybe just a 'lazy' shift. Sure hope thats all. There is alot written about the gear dogs getting rounded off causing them to jump out of 5th into 4th. Apparently undercutting the gear dogs fixes it....to the tune of about $3K !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.