Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
201 - 220 of 266 Posts
imported post

That's looking Great, nice paint job.
You know your going to have to ride that body back here home.:ROFL:

I did a DOD glass sign years ago using Candy blue.
Sprayed the outer circle 3 coats of candy blue Then removed the center mask & sprayed the whole thing 5X's.
Came out great with the outer circle darker.

Discussion starter · #209 ·
imported post

Now that all the tape has been remove I will start to add more candy on the body again. This will make the body with each coat become darker and the striping a lighter shade. When all coats are on the last part will be the clear coats that will pull it all togehter. I do more pictures tomorrow when everything is dry.

Discussion starter · #210 ·
imported post

Thanks Skip,

This is the same proceedure as what you just stated. I'll be coming up that way in end of September and hope to have the bike with me. The trailer I have is 3 inches wider than the body but now not long enought to hold the trike. I'll be selling it and looking for another.

imported post

Selling the trailer I built. Ride over, trailer home

imported post

Cobra that is super! I've looked at my other Goldwings when they needed paint and contemplated doing it. Because of so many pieces I have always shied away from doing them. I've done a 750F and an 83 750 Sabre but they have only a few pieces. You are a better man than I !!:bow:
Keep up the good work!! I have really enjoyed the build!
Bill

imported post

Looking GREAT Nice job.

Discussion starter · #214 ·
imported post

Ogrebro,

When triking you have to tear down so much so what the heck. Might as well tear down the rest of it. If I can't find where all the nut and bolts goes I can always use them on another project.:ROFL:

Discussion starter · #215 ·
imported post

Thanks Lightin,

I still have a ways to go. Started putting the trunk back together today and as always forgot one thing and had to disasemble again to correct. I'll probably be doing alot of that due to it's been 6 months from the start.

Discussion starter · #216 ·
imported post

I was going to take some more pictures today but the garage don't have very good lights. So really can't see the how it looks after I painted the rest of the candy paint over the designs. Mabe tomorrow will be more sunny and can open the doors.

imported post

Cobra 1800 wrote:
I was going to take some more pictures today but the garage don't have very good lights. So really can't see the how it looks after I painted the rest of the candy paint over the designs. Mabe tomorrow will be more sunny and can open the doors.
Come on, quit hiding it, my tongue is hanging out.:bow:

imported post

Cobra that is some beautiful work!
Just couldn't resist joining the fun and I too cant wait to see the next photo.
You got me looking over at my 1100 sitting right next to me and the dog by the couch.
The little lady is out for 4 more days and I better make a decision soon.
Would like to have it ready by June 15, but not sure how long it take to do a trike. Rebuilt a few, but never attempted something like a trike.Any advice appreciated.
I knew get the bike out of the living room before you know who comes home:lash:

imported post

HEY!!! Wheres the pictures???????:praying:

Discussion starter · #220 ·
imported post

Ok everyone, I had a over cast day but here is some more pictures. I pull the trike outside but still installing panels and all on. Hope the pictures shows enought of the effects of the candy and striping after I coated it also with the candy. So SHOWS ON!!!:waving:

Attachments

201 - 220 of 266 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.