Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

Remove the exhaust pipes from under the frame by these bolts. After removing the single top bolt and loosen the two on the clamp the exhaust will slide out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
imported post

At this point I'll place the bike on the center stand and secure a strap around the stand and around the engine guard to keep the bike from falling over while starting to remove the rear end assembley.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

After the bike secure on the center stand you can remove thebrake lines on the right top of the swing arm.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
imported post

To remove the fuel tank remove the four bolts from the front and back of the fuel cell. Remove the lines and disconnect the electrical wires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

After removing the fuel tank it's starting to look pretty sad!!:sadguy:

From this point you can't go back. It starts to get fun now, the cutting is about to start soon.:ROFL:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
imported post

Remove the four bolts inside the saddle bags and remove the wiring harness from the back side after removing bags.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
imported post

Shock removal from under the seat. Remove the oil line from the shock. Make sure you have lower the shock first all the way to lowest point. I took the upper bolt loose from the frame that holds the swing arm up. Then removed the upper and lower shock bolts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
imported post

After removing shock the swing arm bolts can be taken out by the two allen bolts on each side. I'll want to save these due to using them again for the chevy rearend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
imported post

From removing the swing arm bolts the entire assenbly will slide right out with the drive line.

Next I will remove the trunk stay and cut the rear fender just in front of the mounting bolts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
imported post

Well here is the first mistake!!:?I cut on one side turn it over and cut the upper weld in the wrong location. I will have to get it rewelded back. I don't alum weld.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
imported post

The upper part I will use and tie the shock mounts off them. I did get the weld done where I cut in the wrong place. I'm sure this won't be the only thing go wrong. When you're building from no instruction there are usually more issues that come up.:readit:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Getting to low on Page 1, BUMP

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wow, I come back from a few days away and you have accomplished a lot. Good pictures and info. Keep it up

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
imported post

After I removed the saddle bags and cut the trunk stay I made a mold of the body in case I distroyed the body I bought from Skip. I'mhaving to cut it up to make it work for the 1800. I made amoldlast January a second body to see what wouldn't fit.

21 - 40 of 265 Posts