Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 264 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
imported post

Where the rear passenger foot rest should be at the side fiberglass covers won't go on the bike. After taking off the back part of the panel you can see thefender is flush.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
imported post

Under the upper trunk the lip of the body is flush with the trunk. I'll have to cut the lip on the body and move it forward 2"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
imported post

Now I kind of know where I'll have to work on the main body to make it work.:lash:

I'll go back on the rearend and set it up first with the ladder bar before I cut the body.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Looking good, keep it coming.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Hey, you forgot to remove the date on the picture.
Looks like a lot of change to fit the GL1800!

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
imported post

Hi Skip:waving:

Guess you will be seeing the body I got from you starting to get cut up again.

It will be a little bit finger nail biting going through the next stages:shock:

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
imported post

Yes,

have taken several Pictures over the past months trying to get ideas on this project. I bet I have had the body on and off atlease 10 times. You know how that goes. Measure 20 times and still cut it wrong.

:?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
imported post

Work on the rearend. After removing the tube and cutting 5 1/2" off each end I put the new axle in and welded the brackets for the ladder bar I'll make.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

This is very interesting as a friend has been talking about a conversion. Keep it coming!!:claps:
Bill

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
imported post

I made amold of the front of the saddle bags. I'm going to use this to start the front of the fender to match the side covers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
imported post

After cutting the front fenders I have made marks to place the mold where it will meet the side cover. The fender won't go all the way forward like I would llike it to do unless I cut off half of the inter fender and remake the fender over.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
imported post

I had to cut the top of the lip off the body in order to move it forward. I will try to work the fiberglass on the fender and top at the same time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Now that looks like a nice head scratcher & headache.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
imported post

I started ripping mat todayand mixing resin.:lash:

This will take a couple of days to cure. While it does I'll start on the ladder bar for the rear end. Hope everyone don't mine me jumping back and forth but trying to make my weekend time count.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
imported post

You got that right Skip!!

Been a while that I have work fiberglass so I might be taking the long way around the mountain.:D

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
imported post

Starting to tact weld the ladder bar in place. Both top and lower bars are bent at the same point. This needs to be just past the upper frame in order to clear the up and down motions.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 264 Posts