Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1800 handlebar height

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Kit Carson 
#1 ·
imported post

I have a new 09 wing. I am 6'4" and it seems that the handle bars are too low. I have noticed that there is a kit from kuryakyn to fix this. Wondering how tough it is to install and if it is worth the trouble. I have ridden for 25 years so I'm not too new to this. Thanks to all for the input.

#2 ·
imported post

hi have a look to see if there is any ajustment on the handelbars them selves where you can tilt them forward witch will raise them for you i know its on the 1500

#3 ·
imported post

Just be careful that the handlebars can go lock to lock without the brake reservoir hitting the windshield if you adjust them very much upward.

#4 ·
imported post

There are the Kuryakyn risers which are 5 position and very little difference in the 5 and there is a set that is 1/2 the price and does pretty much the same thing but only one position. They do help with comfort for any height rider.
They are not to hard to install except maybe the air bag model. I don't know how much extra work is involved with it if any.

#7 ·
imported post

A handlebar riser kit is I suppose the best mod I have ever done to my bike. It stopped that aching pain between my shoulders.

6 ft 4 eh.........I suppose you need this one, lots of adjustment, both up and forward.
REG Engineering Part Number: REG-18358 - Direct Line Parts

Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.