Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My hazard button is sticking. I've read the threads about the problem but I don't know how to get that panel off so I can lubricate the button. How do you take that panel off?

wingdinger:?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

You need to remove the top shelter (false tank) and then it can be unclipped from that. You may be able to just unclip it as it sits, but I have never tried that.

Best off taking button apart inside of a baggie so no parts are lost. Clean it good, then put it all back together.

A Honda shop manual is a good thing to have.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

I don't think you need to take that false tank off wingdinger. Try removing the trim piece to the left of the switch panel by prying from the top (carefully). Then remove the left fairing pocket and reach in from there to disconnect the wiring harness. Once that trim piece is off you will find a bolt underneath. Remove the bolt and release the three tabs and the switch panel will tilt towards you and come out. You can then remove the hazard switch. Sethan is right, disassemble in a bag to avoid losing parts.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

When I read the thread title "hazard button sticking", I just knew it was going to be an 1800 even though it didn't say. It's a common annoyance.

You just need to remove the trim piece and the Allen screw to get the switch pane loose. I snatched these pictures from the air filter change article here on this fine site.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

Wilson02 wrote:
When I read the thread title "hazard button sticking", I just knew it was going to be an 1800 even though it didn't say. It's a common annoyance.

You just need to remove the trim piece and the Allen screw to get the switch pane loose. I snatched these pictures from the air filter change article here on this fine site.

Good idea with the pics Wilson. That's what I meant.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:applause::applause::thumbsup::thumbsup::applause::applause:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Update:

I did take the trim piece off. I took out the one bolt and there was one clip on the panel that needed to be depressed(same side as bolt) and the panel slides out to the left. Then I took off the back plate to the panel. I wrapped the panel in a towel and squirted electric cleaner into the switch several times and that did it. Thanks for all the help!

wingdinger

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

Good deal windinger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.