Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to fit a headlight modulator to my 1800 but can't figure how to get at my headlight wires. I can see them with the left pocket removed but there just isn't room to splice into the wiring and my hands are fairly small. Also do I need to splice into all the headlight wires on the 4 bulbs? The instructions are muddy on this aspect.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:
...there just isn't room to splice into the wiring...
It's a tight fit all right. I fitted one of these to an 1800 last year and instead of splicing into the headlamp wires (I got fed up scraping my knuckles)I just spliced into the connector blocks that feed them. They are under the left pocket. Go to the 22 pin blue block and tap into the white/black wire for the low beam feed and the blue/black wire for the high beam feed. Then go to the 22 pin grey (there's two of them) that has the green wire, that's the ground wire for all the headlamps.If this doesn't make sense, send me a PM and I'll give you more details.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Steve, I had a look and found all the wires you mentiioned (the green one was a bit awkward to locate). I've marked them for surgery tomorrow as it's too dark in my shed right now even with the torch.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

All done. It was a very easy job being able to hack into the wires just inside the fairing instead of having to do it up at the headlight. Thanks again Steve.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Do you really want a headlight modilator?? I think they look plain silly and cause aggro to other people on the road. The cagers will think you are flashing them and you know how they hate that!

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Those modulators are a real nuisance to everyone else on the roads that never heard of them. Thats a clever suggestion by Steve to get at the wires on the 1800.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.