Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My left low beam burnt out and I am looking at replacing it with but don't know the steps in removing the old bulb. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

welcome to the forum, i dont know anything about the 1800 but i wanted to offer you the manuals on my signature, free to download. while someone with experience shows up.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

As it is on the left side, turn the handlebars full to the right. Now get a flashlight and look down in the tunnel between the fairing and the forks.

See the large rubber dust cover? About three inches round? Unplug the wire connector off the back of it, now pull the dust cover off, under that is a little wire holding in the bulb. Push the little wire in and up, it will release the bulb. Remove bulb and remove the adapter off the back of the bulb, now just put it all back in reverse.

Wear rubber gloves when handling the new bulb, just one fingerprint will cause it to burn out the first day.

Kit

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
As it is on the left side, turn the handlebars full to the right. Now get a flashlight and look down in the tunnel between the fairing and the forks.

See the large rubber dust cover? About three inches round? Unplug the wire connector off the back of it, now pull the dust cover off, under that is a little wire holding in the bulb. Push the little wire in and up, it will release the bulb. Remove bulb and remove the adapter off the back of the bulb, now just put it all back in reverse.

Wear rubber gloves when handling the new bulb, just one fingerprint will cause it to burn out the first day.

Kit
this is what it should look like when you have done it properly.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Taffy wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
Hi Doc: Now you know you have been wanting a bike with owl eyes for a long time now. Might as well stop resisting and go get one. :p:p:) Kit

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Taffy wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
Ahhh Taffy slipping in a 15000 headlight :cheeky1::action::jumper:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hi Kit,

Thanks for the info. I enjoy doing my own work when I can and finding this forumis great. I have alreadylearned a lotabout small things I can do myself.

I see the dust cover and the plug on the back. I assume I just pull it off? I have pulled but it is tight and I don't want to break it. Is there any snaps that I should be squeezing on the plug to release it?

Thanks Ray

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

No no snaps, but they are tight, just wiggle it back and forth and pull till it comes off.
They are a pain to work on, when it come to the high beam it is really just a work by feel thing. Or take the shelter off and expose the back of them. Kit

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks for all the info. It was actually an easy process. I do have another question. The stock bulb is a 55W bulb. I can get a XENON Blue bulb locally but it is a 70W bulb. Will the extra watts/heat cause any problems? Ray

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I do not know. I know higher wattage bulbs in the lower running lights crack and damage them .

I use the Sylvania ultra bright, or ultra star, something like that.

Kit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.