Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 08 Goldwing last week . It got a little chilly down here in Florida so I put the heat on, well to my surprise nothing. Check out the fuses and all are OK. So my question is what do I check next? Thanks in advance
Pete

·
Honda Guru
2,075 Posts
My ex-business partner had an 08 that had the same thing happen. On his it was the left grip that had gone bad. Seems that the circuit goes through the grips first and then to the seat. So if the seat won't heat it could be the grips actually being the problem. There was also a relay (I think that was under the seat) that had gone bad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to take the seat off and look at it maybe some one didn't plug it in right .I did buy it at a Hardley dealership.
Pete

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Do a forum search on that Pete, lots of posts on that.and most have found it was the left grip.
Why Honda put all the heated on one circuit is out of line.

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
There is a very involved sequence to go through to trouble shoot a Comfort System inop. It is detailed step by step in the service manual. You should get one, not only for this purpose but for information on the whole bike.
Many posts on several forums of troubles w/this system, including me.
1. Make sure the seat and the passenger back rest are plugged in and none of the connector pins have backed out or bent or broken.
2. Next is the left grip as the most common culprit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy's as I posted on another thread The manual is on top priority. I just got the navigation manual and the owners manual , May be I should of gotten the repair first. So its next in line now.
Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.