Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

any one have a suggestion as to why the left only hand grip heater turns on to high when the passenger seat heater is activated.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Honore
Sorry I don't have a suggestion on it. Has it done it since new? What year is your bike? How many miles on it? How long have you had it?

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

That would almost have to be 2 wires shorted together somewhere in the harness. The yellow/green wire that ties the grip heaters together to the red/white wire from the rear seat heater.

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

Anim8or Earl wrote:
Heater controller problem sounds likely.
Unless it has always done that and it is wired wrong the controller could not do that. The grips are wired in series so if 1 is on they should both be on unless the wire connecting them is grounded.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

sorry, should have mentioned that the bike is a 2008 model with airbag. Got the bike new in Sept 09, have 4500 miles on it and the grip problem (left only heating up with only passenger seat heater activated) has been there since new, maybe. Thank you for your comments.

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

Being miswired is unlikely but not impossible. The manual unfortunately doesn't show where the wires run in the harness, just where the terminate so it will take some work with a meter to find the problem.

·
1,716 Posts
imported post

See if the big wiring connector under the seat is full connected.(i also think ,that Honda recommend to relocate this connector a bit , but cant remember the details ).
This sounds like a ground problem to me !

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Most heater problems on the 1800 start in the grips, and as your seat heater is working it does seems the grips are the cause.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.