Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

2008 GL1800, 2300 miles. In the last week the Honda 6-CD changer just cuts out completely, no bumps, just sitting with the bike running, but doesn't act up until track 6 and above.

About the same time the LCD display went all white when bike turned on and hasn't done since, however 3 days ago after about 3 blocks the display started back through the same power up display it does when the bike is first started. CD playing reset to CD1 and track1.

Is computer failing in the bike, loose connector, anybody having similar problems.

Honda dealer had bike for two days under warranty and couldn't get it to act up, but 4 blocks away after I picked bike up it started again.

Other than in to dealer for warranty service nothing has been added as an accessory.

I think the computer is probably going to fail just out of warranty come April 2012 and with no riding in the Pacific Northwest bike is only a month away from being winterized and probably won't be back on street until warranty has expired if the weather pattern repeats last years terrible spring...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

I think the first thing to do is check all the connections, at the CD player, back of radio and meter panel.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Unit was at the dealers for two days, I'd hoped they did all that, since that was my first guess was a loose connector or broken wire. If unit was easy to pull and open, I'd almost suspect something on the drive mechanism about half-way, since it only starts acting up once track 6 is reached, no matter which CD I select. Kinda dissappointing with only 2300 miles on the bike and it spends all winter in a heated garage and gets ridden about 4 months out of the year.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

The Hondaline CD player is rubbish, always giving trouble. Most of us have given up using it and went the MP3 route.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

You should press Honda to replace the CD player with a new one,It seams you have two different problems.maybe a bad relay,Fuse or just the connection.Its loosing power to the LCD screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.