Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Gl1800 installed new Electrical C0nnections single shooter leds. One light has worked great for 1500 miles now the other one lasted for 100 miles and blowed out or just quite working. The company warranted it and sent me another one, installed it and it last about 100 miles and quite again. Any ideas what could be causing this or just bad lights. Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Welcome from Oz . Is it possible to wire the light that as failed into the other lights circuit to test it? Are the lights side specific i.e. a left and a right one? If so it may be a faulty batch of the same lights. There is no logical reason for one side only to fail. You could test voltages with a multi meter but I would think that the circuit should be in parallel and both sides should have the same voltage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can change the lights around by just changing the cover over the unit. Was afraid I would burn that one out too. I checked voltage and have 12.1 to 12.3 volts. If their was a short on a wire somewhere would it burn the light out on leds. Don't know what the light company will say when I tell them I need another

·
Administrator
27,900 Posts
No, a short is not going to make the light burn out. I think there is enough lead to just plug the wires into the opposite sides to be sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.