Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All:

A couple of years ago, I installed an aftermarket accessory outlet in the left pocket of my '06 GL1800. You know the one. I have had only one occasion to use it since I installed it, and it didn't seem to work at that time. I put it on my list of "Things To Fix" and have finally gotten around to analyzing it, since we will need it on an upcoming trip.

We'll be using the outlet to charge cell phones and camera batteries. I plugged in one of those lighter plugs with the USB charger port outlet and it started smoking. OOPS!

I disassembled everything in/under the left pocket to start the diagnosis. Once exposed, I took my multimeter to see if I had power at the factory plug with the key in the Accessory position. CAZART! I did, and continued to trace the power through the outlet. Only thing is, I'm showing -12VDC in the outlet, not +12VDC. Huh?

I have not changed or modified anything in the electrical system, other that to install that outlet and the leads for some Gerbing clothing.

Anybody else run into having -12VDC, instead of +12VDC at the outlet?

Thanks fellas........................

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Reverse the wires between the socket and the wiring harness. They are just plugged into the wrong pins on the bikes harness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.