Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 goldwing 1800 w/nav. when i turn the bike on a light flickers in the display then goes balck. i have not checked the fuses yet but everything else works so. Help Please.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
perhaps it's a good ting it goes out. Maybe its a warning light. Have you looked in your owners manual to see what the light is for?

Wilf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not quite the forum i thought it would be. i was looking for at least one smart or helpful reply. its a good thing (ting, where you live) you looked at your manual

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome:waving:blue biker
What light? There are many!!

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Hello and Welcome . I dont have an 1800 . I have a blue light on my 1500 dash . It is for the headlamp high beam indicator . Perhaps that is what your blue light is . Sorry I am not able to offer more . I expect there will be more to offer there insights . If you can , let them know the general location in the dash . That way if there are more than 1 blue lamps they might have a better idea the problem .

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum blue biker
You'll need to give more information to get an answer. Be more specific as to which one and how often it has happened.
Was the bike cold only, hot too? Is the bike running normally? Have you checked fluids levels? Have you serviced the bike properly?
Lots of variables. The answer depends upon input from you, or not,

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
When you first turn on an 1800 the FI light and the oil pressure light light. In about 5 seconds the FI light goes out indicating the that ECU (Electronic Control Unit or computer) has booted. The oil pressure light should go out as soon as the engine is running and oil pressure is good. There are various other lights that may light. Such as an amber Cruise control light, a blue high beam light. A red low fuel light may illiuminate until the fuel gauge leaves it's fully empty position and slowly rises to indicate fuel level.

Personal observation: Insulting the forum because no one jumped right on and had a magic fix for problem, even though there is no real information given by you, is probably not the best tact. Nor is insulting someone for what is obviously a typo. You said a "light flicker". What light? What color is the light? Where is it located on the instrument panel? Does it have a graphic? The more information you give helps us determine if there is a problem or is it just normal behavior. If you are not sure which light it is then a look in the manual to help you determine which light is "flicker" at startup, that advice is perfectly warranted.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
Personal observation: Insulting the forum because no one jumped right on and had a magic fix for problem, even though there is no real information given by you, is probably not the best tact. Nor is insulting someone for what is obviously a typo. You said a "light flicker". What light? What color is the light? Where is it located on the instrument panel? Does it have a graphic? The more information you give helps us determine if there is a problem or is it just normal behavior. If you are not sure which light it is then a look in the manual to help you determine which light is "flicker" at startup, that advice is perfectly warranted.

Agreed. Poor form by a new member. :thumbsdown:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
i have a 2007 goldwing 1800 w/nav. when i turn the bike on a light flickers in the display then goes balck. i have not checked the fuses yet but everything else works so. Help Please.
BLACK could have been spelled correctly while you are at it, if in fact, you choose to correct other members!!:D

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
BLACK could have been spelled correctly while you are at it, if in fact, you choose to correct other members!!:D
Good catch... Jeez... I didn't know we'd be graded on spelling and typing skills. :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
not quite the forum i thought it would be. i was looking for at least one smart or helpful reply. its a good thing (ting, where you live) you looked at your manual
First off .. you are only new here so show some respect to the other members who are trying to help you ,, your own spelling is not too hot either . We do not like our members who are trying to help to get insulted by someone who comes here looking for help, and if we do not all jump through hoops to get you sorted in minutes then you start to throw insults ???
You gave little or NO info on your problem , we are not clairvoyants ,we need info .. I would suggest you go back to your bike and look again at the dash and make sure it is actually the dash that is going out.. :waving::waving:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took the reply as an insult. Who doesn't read the manual before operating anything new. It's like putting something together without reading the directions. You'll always end up with extra pieces or have to start over because you left something out. Anyway I do apoligize if I offended anyone. I really thought anyone with a goldwing w/nav would know the display I meant. The display which shows the nav screen, time, radio station , etc. It's not in the instrument panel but the nav display, as I call it, goes black. The screen with the start up ceremony. I don't know where your radio and channel display is but the 07 w/nav is right under the instrument panel Thanks for the help if you have any.

·
Administrator
27,900 Posts
I really thought anyone with a goldwing w/nav would know the display I meant.

Nobody would or could know what you meant by the original post, much too vague. Great that you did include that it is an 07 with NAV but some punctuation in the right places and explaining that the problem was the display, not a light, would have helped.
My best guess is that the NAV display is toast.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
I have seen this problem with the 2006/7/8 wings with nav and almost all of them had to get the navigation unit in the trunk replaced, but before you go ordering a new unit ,just disconnect your battery and disconnect the trunk unit check the connections on the unit and put it back in , reconnect the battery and try to see if that has solved the problem ,if not then you will need to replace the nav unit in the trunk ,i think they cost around the 275 to 300 dollar mark ,ciaran

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
I've read about this before, sat nav screens going black. The nav unit can't be repaired as far as I know. Wayne from Sierra might be able to advise, as Sierra repair Goldwing audio components. Send a PM to Wayne and see if he can help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.