Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=left]After reading NUMEROUS posts on this Forum regarding the GL1800's on-board NavSystem's map updates, I am now TOTALLY CONFUSED :?[/align]
Therefore, I hope to find the definitive answer to my situation by asking four basic questions regarding software updates for the NavSystem on my 2009 Airbag Model:

1. Do the updates available make any SIGNIFICANT changes to the maps that came with the bike?

2. If so, what is the BEST place to obtain the update(s)?

3. What information do I need to have available when ordering the update(s)?

4. How soon will these updates likely be out-of-date?

P.S. - I fully realize that many folks think that the on-board GPS is inferior to many add-on GPS systems, however, I just don't have the cash right now to lay out for the overpricedGarmin ZUMO system, which is made for motorcycles, especially when it doesn't appear to come with FREE Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates :ShakeHead:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

What you get for your money is up to date maps, but they still tend to be a year behind their car GPS updates. Garmin is the best place to get the updates. Hard to say how soon they go out of date, IMHO they are already out of date when we buy them.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

I agree with Zeke. I don't see how any of us can tell how soon the updates will go out of date. All depends on how the roads change, and I guess that means all map updates go out of date at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.