Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So, whats the trick? I cant get my hands in there following the instructions in the factory service manual.....

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
imported post

Have not looked at the manual for that but did you turn the bars all the way to the side you are working on and reach in from the rear?

And what state is King Geroge in?

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I've been through a King George on my way to Dahlgren VA for some software testing while working on some Naval Ships Weapons Systems.

I wonder if that is where he means.

Henry

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Should not be a problem , turn the bars to one side and put your hand down ,first time can take a while trying to find your way ,But once done once it takes about 5 mins to do ,,

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

I don't know about 5 minutes, after I get them in I think well next time that won't be as bad but the next time it needs to be done about 2 years have gone by and I stand there and say (HOW DID I DO THAT LAST TIME).
I put the HID unit in last week and it is suppose to last longer so we shall see, if they do need to be replaced I will have to remove the top shelter to put in new bulbs now because of where I stored the sending unit. You can get your hand in there but look at the way the bulb sets into the slot and make sure the clip is all the way out of the way when you insert the bulb and it wont be that bad, good luck:popcorn:

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
imported post

Hanko wrote:
I've been through a King George on my way to Dahlgren VA for some software testing while working on some Naval Ships Weapons Systems.

Henry
His profile doesn't say King George, it says King Geroge, USA

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Hanko wrote:

Henry
His profile doesn't say King George, it says King Geroge, USA
I saw that and thought he might have made a typo.....lord knows I make enough of them!!

:ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hanko wrote:

Henry
YUP I am a retired Chief Firecontrolman and support the base.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Have not looked at the manual for that but did you turn the bars all the way to the side you are working on and reach in from the rear?

And what state is King Geroge in?
I have fixed my profile to include my state.

Thanks for the reminder.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

OK, I got the low beams.....

now, how do you change the high beams????????

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

Google GL1800 headlight replacement and you will get a bunch of movies and pics.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I think I need a few more wrists in my arm..... I still cant get the high beams.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.