Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if there is a more convex mirror replacement out there? Along the lines of an auto rightside mirror.(Left side for my Anglo brothers)

From where I sit, I get a very poor field of view through the stock mirrors. Of course I have added the cheap-O stick on mirrors to them but I think there must be something better.

This has been a complaint of mine ever since Honda starting putting there own fairing on the bike.(Bring back Craig Vetter)
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Rich Steinel :waving:No problems with the mirrors on my neighbours :18red:
:walker::18red::walker:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Perhaps it's just my size and short arms but the mirrors can't be turned outward enough. They create a bad blind spot on each side. I get a terrific view of my trunk should something fall off.

Redwing, you must have a particularly friendly neighbor. I can think of only two people I know on the planet that I'd trust with my bike and they wouldn't ask.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

Rich Steinel wrote:
Perhaps it's just my size and short arms but the mirrors can't be turned outward enough. They create a bad blind spot on each side. I get a terrific view of my trunk should something fall off.

Hey Rich Steinel :waving:If you slacking the little screw underneath the mirror holder the mirrors can be adjusted to your own settings. :clapper:Have a look at these and read the comments made by people who bought them :stumped:and decide for yourself. :jumper:http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=3195&str=4&ID=928933240
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=2308&str=4&ID=928933240

:walker::18red::walker:
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

Rich Steinel wrote:
Redwing, you must have a particularly friendly neighbor. I can think of only two people I know on the planet that I'd trust with my bike and they wouldn't ask.
Hey Rich Steinel :waving: Yes sir i have the greatest neighbour that anyone could ask for. :clapper: It doesn't always suit me to take his :18red:for a spin, but i wouldn't refuse him when he asks me. :weightlifter:

:walker::18red::walker:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

"Seek and Ye shall find" the answer to my mirror problem.
While at Americade, Lake George, NY, USA last month, I found a solution to my limited field of view.
Muth mirrors. www.wingworx.com
These mirrors have a slightly convex shape that really aids the field of view. They also have a built-in directional signal that does not limit it's movement like the Kuryaken model. I also bought the blue tint version that reduces glare. They do not have a frame around the mirrors edge so it has the appearance of being slightly larger than stock.
Installation was very easy since the wiring harness(included) can only be attached one way.
So far...so good.
I also got a little carried away with the decorative lighting while I was there. My HD brother says it " Looks like a rolling disco ball".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
imported post

So thats what MUTH mirrors are ,,I have seen them advertised ,but I always thought they were for a dog ...:skipping::skipping::skipping::skipping:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
590 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
So thats what MUTH mirrors are ,,I have seen them advertised ,but I always thought they were for a dog ...:skipping::skipping::skipping::skipping:

That's "mutt" Wexman :coollep:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
590 Posts
imported post

Ah! Mutt has four legs, a sharp end and a waggy bit :coollep:
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

globetrotter wrote:
Ah! Mutt has four legs, a sharp end and a waggy bit :coollep:
Ah ! thats a dog. :skipping:Why didn't you say that. :cooldevil:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
imported post

I'm frustrated about my mirror (particularly left side) on my '06 Wing for the same reason. Are the Muth mirrors, or stick-on blind spot mirrors the only way to fix this? I can't believe the stock mirrors aren't adjustable inward and outward....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
590 Posts
imported post

ga2636 wrote:
I'm frustrated about my mirror (particularly left side) on my '06 Wing for the same reason. Are the Muth mirrors, or stick-on blind spot mirrors the only way to fix this? I can't believe the stock mirrors aren't adjustable inward and outward....
They are adjustable in and out (mine are), but very tight - try loosening the centre screw on the bottom of the mirror (centre), move and retighten - take care:leprechaun:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
932 Posts
imported post

Muth mirrors or those stickon blind spot things are about all you can get.
 

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
Joined
·
57,413 Posts
imported post

Howdy ga2636 :waving:[shadow=blue]Welcome Aboard The Greatest Goldwing Forum on the net.[/shadow]

:clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
imported post

Thanks Globetrotter & Redwing!

I needed to run down to the shop today anyway to pick up my plates, so while I was there I consulted the service department on my dilemma.

Alas, it appears I was not using my man-muscles to move the mirror within the housing, for fear something would break. "Fear not", I was shown, and now my mirrors' positions are no longer an issue.

It took the service guy longer to walk from his cozy perch inside the dealership to my bike than it did for him to demonstrate the elementary task of adjusting my mirrors. Imagine my embarrassment. :gunhead:

Thanks again fellas!

G-Man
 

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
Joined
·
57,413 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Rich Steinel :waving:If you slacking the little screw underneath the mirror holder the mirrors can be adjusted to your own settings. :clapper:

:walker::18red::walker:
Thats what i said a long time ago. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top