Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What affects the "acquiring satellite" start up in the NAVI? I went to use the NAVI in my 07 Wing this weekend and it took 4 minutes to start up during the acquiring satellites phase. It did end up working however during operation I had a lot of poor signal messages. Coincidently I did have the front off of the Wing recently but it was no different than before. Could have I tipped the antenna or something? Could it have been a bad weekend for communications? I have not had this problem before? I will use it again this week and see if it is better before digging into it.
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
imported post

At least check the antenna connection to see if it got disconnected or is loose. Also check the signal meter in setup. I forget where but it is the satellite location page. I think there are 12 satellites it can seek.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,720 Posts
imported post

there will be a maximum of 12 satellites available if you are in the clear and nothing impedes the signal from reaching the antenna.

It should work fine only 3, and will work great with only 5 available. The more you have, the better the precision with which it can provide you with altitude mostly.

The actual lat/long will always be more than good enough for bike riding. 5 sats will be good enough to tell if you are left or right of the centerline :cheeky1:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.