Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

All: Need some ideas. 2010 GL1800 Navi with iPod cable in in the left side pocket. Also had 12v adapter wired in to that pocket to charge my iPod when playing. When I play it there is a hissing electrical noise. Honda dealer said these were build without line noise suppression so there is nothing they can do. If this is the case a real bummer. Any experiences or thoughts? Thanks.....

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
imported post

I have the same set-up and it plays fine, but I have never played it while anything was plugged into the 12 volt receptacle.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks All, I just ordered the "gizmo", hope this solves the problem and will post the outcome. Thanks for your wisdom.

·
Major Enthusiast
238 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Amazing what dealers don't know.

You need an in-line gnd. loop isolator. Check here.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/audio/filter-gli.htm
Yup, I agree. If you hook a device to the bikes audio system and power it from the bike you get a ground loop, and it hums or makes noise. For the short term, unplug the 12v power source and it should stop.

=Dave=

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Mine had it. Put in the gizmo. Now it don't. I heard some folks complain that it didn't do anything for their bikes but on mine it was the cure.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Got and installed the "gizmo". Now quiet as a mouse letting the beauty of the music come through! Awesome...thanks so much for everyone's contribution.

Mitch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.